Sunday, January 6, 2013

Big Pokemon news ahead.

*UPDATE* 1-7-13
 Looks like Nintendo is involved with the announcement, can't wait to see what it will be.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Some sort of big Pokemon news is set to be announced through the Pokemon company on January 8th. Since it isn't through Nintendo, there is no telling whether or not it will be a game. The only thing to do is to either wait patiently until Tuesday, or speculate, and what fun is it to just wait? So here are a few things that I would love this announcement to be.

Generation VI Pokemon game.
This is towards the top of things I want it to be, but I don't think it will be. Reasons being are this is being announced in Japan and America at the same time, previous generations were announced in Japan well before the American announcement. Secondly, Nintendo isn't at the helm of this announcement, at least it doesn't seem that way. Lastly Pokemon Black and White 2 were just released last year. I hope this is it, I really do.

Pokemon Console game.
I think this is wishful thinking, as it always has been. But who doesn't want to see Pokemon on a big screen TV? That of course being one of many perks from a console Pokemon game. But again, Nintendo doesn't seem to be involved with the announcement, so this is doubtful too. Not to mention besides the Stadium games, there hasn't been a full console game with the RPG feel that we all know and love. But, I still really want this to happen.

Pokemon the Trading Card Game. (Video Game version)
I don't know if I'm in the minority on this one or what, but the Gameboy version of Pokemon the Trading Card game was a blast. Much like every kid that was in Junior High when the cards came out, I loved them, still have almost all of them by the way. The game was a blast, strictly because you could battle with your decks against the computer. Almost everyone I knew collected the cards, but hardly any made them into decks and actually played the game. That is why this game was good.

The strange thing about this not coming from Nintendo or Gamefreak is when I think of big Pokemon news, I think games. I can't think of too much else the public would get excited about if it isn't a game of some sort. That's why I still think it will be a game announcement of some kind. Which game though? That's the question. I'll post more when I hear what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment